Board Meeting Minutes
WOCAV Board Meeting Minutes – July 7, 2020
Present (at Red River Roadhouse): John Daugherty, Layne Giering, Duane Harriger, Joe Lowrie, Max Lowrie, Jim Ross, Lee Swoger; and via Zoom: John and Norma Liebenguth, Jane and George Schmader
President Max Lowrie called the meeting to order at 6:31 p.m.
Treasurer Joe Lowrie reported.
Previous Balance, as of 3/3/2020: $2,595.71
Income: $55 (Donation and Membership)
Expenses: $78 ($56 P.O. Box renewal and $22 stamps)
New Balance, as of July 7, 2020: $2,572.71
Membership for 2020-2021: 30 Family, 30 Individual, 1 Assoc.) = 61 total
John D. moved to accept the report, Duane H. seconded and the motion carried unanimously.
1. Nominations for 2020 Contribution to Forestry Award: Max will follow up with Lee and the Harrigers to confirm their awards in 2014 and 2016.
2. Website: A brief discussion followed concerning the idea to include member experiences, management treatments, stories, photos, videos on a member page on the WOCAV website. Max will create the page and solicit ideas using the last page of the newsletter.
3. Newsletter: Max needs articles by this weekend. He thanked Jim for submitting an article on the AFF Family Forest Carbon Program.
4. Timber Sale 101 on Sat., June 27: John D. was thanked for the wonderful job he did. Nine total attended the program.
1. Picnic: After a lengthy discussion about the current pandemic, Norma moved to cancel this year’s picnic. George seconded. The motion failed to carry: 4 for and 5 against. Joe moved to survey the membership via the newsletter to see if they would be willing to attend a picnic at Swoger Farms on Sept. 12. John D. seconded. The motion carried unanimously. If 25 people are not in favor of attending, the picnic will be canceled.
2. Bluebird Program: Jim spoke with the Rod and Gun Club about possibly rescheduling the 2020 program for March of 2021.
1. Silva-Terra Carbon Credit Program: George was recently contacted and participated in a half-hour phone interview.
Joe motioned, Layne seconded and the meeting adjourned at 7:33 p.m.
Next meeting: Tuesday, September 1, 2020 at 6:30 p.m.