Thu, May 12|
Moshannon State Forest District Office
Valuing Standing Timber Course
Before timber is sold, a complete inventory is recommended to assess species, quality, and volume. To do this, you must be familiar with different measuring tools and units of measure involved. This course will give participants the information they need to ensure a proper assessment is achieved.
Time & Location
May 12, 8:00 AM – 3:45 PM
Moshannon State Forest District Office, 3372 State Park Rd, Penfield, PA 15849, USA
About The Event
Who is this for?
- Forest landowners
- Natural resource management professionals, including professional timber harvesters
- Others interested in learning how to measure and evaluate standing timber
What will you learn?
- Enhance participants' awareness of the economic value of standing timber and how that value is determined
- Increase participants' opportunities for obtaining fair market price when selling timber
- Demonstrate to participants the methods by which reasonable estimates of standing timber volumes and values are obtained
Credits Available This workshop has been approved by the Society of American Foresters (SAF) and the Pennsylvania Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI) for continuing education credits. Those wishing to receive SAF - CFE credits must provide their certification number and membership number upon course completion the day of the event. Those seeking SFI CE credits will need to submit the Non-PA SFI Course Credit Form upon course completion and follow the form’s Instructions.
Thank you to our partners: Pennsylvania Sustainable Forestry Initiative and Pennsylvania DCNR, Bureau of Forestry.
Preregistration is required!